Duration : 06 Nights & 07 Days
Code : EWHAND 12
- Hotel Info
- Important Information
- Book Tour Now
- Customize Your Itinerary
- Currency Calculator
Hotels Recommended Or Similar:
ITC Fortune Bay Resort/Sinclair’s Bay View
Sarovar Portico/Hotel TSG Grand/Hotel Sentinel
Hotel Da Bay Inn/ TSG Emerald View-Std/Hotel Mainak/Hotel Ancarage
Hotel Marine View/Hotel Shreesh
Hotel Andaman Residency/ Hotel Ripple Resort
Silver Sand–AC Villa/ Barefoot Resort–Nicobari Cottage/Munjoh Resort–AC Luxury Villa
TSG Blue Resort/Shimphony Palm Resort–AC Lagoon/Sea Shell Resort–AC Chalet
Shimphony Palm Beach Resort–AC Cottage/Red Kingdom–AC Dlx
Eldorado Resort–AC Cottage/Silver Spring Resort–AC Villa
Gold Star Beach Resort/Hotel Holiday Inn Beach Resort–AC Room
The following points are to be noted for Child Rate:-
** Children above 10+ years will be charged 100% as per Adult Rate
** Children of 5+ to 10 sharing parent’s room will be charged as per CWB or CNB
** Children below 5 years Complimentary
** Children below 3 years Complimentary in Ferry , Entry & Boat Charges. .
(Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced when asked)
Places of Attraction
|Corbyn's Cove Beach-Paris of the east|
|Chatam Saw Mill-The biggest & oldest in Asia|
|Cellular Jail-Kalapani or Black Water|
|North Bay- The Coral Island|
|Ross Island & Viper Island.|
|Mount Harriet-The Highest Peak in Andaman|
|Chidiya Tapu-The Bird Island|
|Havelock Island- The Longest Beach in Andaman|
|Radhanager Beach-The Best Beach of Asia|
|Vijaynagar Beach, Elephant Beach|
Day 01 : Arrival Port Blair and Sight seeing
Arrival to Andaman’s at Port Blair Airport, Our representative will receive and escort you to the hotel. Check in make yourself comfortable, After freshen Up proceed to the very first beach the Corbin’s Cove Beach for swimming and beach activity which is 10 km away from Port Blair City , Later proceed for visit Chatham Saw Mill, Anthropological Museum, In the evening, we go for Son et Lumen-ere show at Cellular Jail. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02 : Excursion North Bay (Coral Island) , Ross Island And Viper Island & Back
After breakfast move for an enthralling journey to North Bay Island (Coral Island). watch for live coral viewing by glass bottom boat ( Own Cost ) and marine life (enjoy snorkeling) and then proceed to Ross Island (Ross Island, the erstwhile capital of Port Blair during the British regime) , Important ruins include a Church, Cemetery, Swimming Pool. Later transfer to Viper Island , Viper Island is very near to Port Blair and was the old Jail were British's used to harbor convicts. It has ruins of gallows atop a hillock. The Jail was abandoned when the Cellular Jail was constructed in 1906. Overnight stay at hotel .
Day 03 : In Port Blair – Visit Mount Harriet & Chidiya Tapu
After breakfast proceed for visit Mount Harriet (65 km, by road from Port Blair ). The summer headquarters of the Chief Commissioner during British Raj, this place is an ideal for a nice and fascinating over view of the outer islands and the sea. It is the highest peak in the South Andaman’s (365 meters high). One can trek upto Madhuban through a nature trail and can find rare endemic birds, animals and butterflies. Afternoon proceed for visit Chidiya Tapu ( 35 kms. from Port Blair ) Chidiya Tapu is the southern most tip of South Andaman. The lush green mangroves, forest cover with numerous chirping birds and the Sylvan Sands and Munda pahar beaches make it an ideal picnic site. Overnight stay at Port Blair .
Day 04 : Port Blair To Havelock Island
At 0530 in the morning, we proceed for Havelock Island by Boat – 54 Kms from Port Blair by Sea . The journey takes 2 ½ hrs one way , after freshen up at hotel proceed for visiting world famous Radha Nagar beach , Return to hotel in the late evening. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 05: In Havelock Island
Leisure At Havelock -Sightseeing to Vijay Nagar Beach, Radha Nagar Beach. Experience trilogy of yourself, sun , sand the sea like never before. Later You’ll explore one another beach, The Elephants Beach (by dingy – Own Cost ), This beach famous for Coral’s . You can go for snorkeling ( Own arrangement ) . Overnight stay at Havelock.
Day 06: Havelock Island To Portblair
After a morning at leisure, we leave Havelock Island at 2pm/4pm for Portblair by Boat. Arrive in the evening at 430 pm /630 pm and rest of the evening at leisure. Overnight stay at Portblair.
Day 07: Departure from Portblair
Morning free for packing & personal activities. In time Check out from the hotel and transfer to Jetty or Airport. – Tour End with sweet memories .
Geography of Andaman Island
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are located between the latitudes 6° to 14° North and longitudes 92° to 94° East. Located in the Bay of Bengal, this group of 572 islands lies 193 km away from Cape Negrais in Myanmar, 1255 km from Calcutta, and 1190 km from Chennai.
The two important groups of islets are Ritchie's Archipelago and Labyrinth Islands. The Nicobar Islands are located to the south of the Andamans, 121 km from the Little Andaman Island. A cluster of total 572 islands, only 36 islands are inhabited.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands comprise around 572 islands formed by a submarine mountain range, which separates the Bay of Bengal from the Andaman Sea. The islands attain maximum altitude at Saddle Peak (730 m), formed mainly of limestone, sandstone and clay.
|Geo Info Snap Shot|
|Highest Point||Saddle peak (732 meters) and Mount Thullier (642 meters)|
|Height||Sea level to 732 meters.|
|Temperature||310 C (maximum) & 230 C (minimum)|
|Demography||280,661 (1991 census)|
|Ethnic races||Onge, Sentinelese, Jarawa and Andamanes of the Negroid origin,Shompen and Nicobarese of Mongoloid descent.|
|Languages||Nicobarese, Malayalam, Telegu, Tamil, Hindi, Bengali, etc. |
|Soil & Vegetation|
The soil and vegetation at Andaman and Nicobar Islands supports the growth of epiphytic vegetation (plants that grow on other plants). In fact, the vegetation of Andaman and Nicobar Islands mostly comprise of ferns and orchids. The soil and vegetation of South Andaman is favorable for growing epiphytic plants.
The vegetation of Middle Andaman mostly includes moist deciduous forests. The monsoon rains of Andaman and Nicobar Islands largely supports the deciduous type of vegetation in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Further, the vegetation of North Andaman is characterized by wood climbers: the type of vegetation found here is moist evergreen type.
|Art & Culture|
The emphasis of the government on progress and its encouragement to the mainlanders to settle there has resulted in the local tribes becoming a minority group in their own land.
The indigenous tribes are distinguished in two groups: the Onge, Sentinelese, Jarawa and Andamanese of Negroid descent living on the Andaman Islands and the Shompen and Nicobarese of Mongoloid descent living in the Nicobar Islands.
|Festivals in Island |
The islanders celebrate most of the festivals of the mainland due to the influence of the external society and the development that has taken place. Major festivals are Durga Puja, Pongal, Panguni Uthiram, and Onam. Other important festivals are Mahashivaratri, Janmashtami, Holi, Diwali, Christmas, Good Friday, etc.
|Prime Spots for Tourist interest|
|Havelock Island||Port Blair||Other Island & Places|
|Radhanagar Beach||Cellular Jail||Ross & Smith Island|
|Havelock Beach||Jolly Buoy Island||Mount Harriet National Park|
|Kaala Pathar Beach||Ross Island||Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park|
|Neil Island||Anthropological Museum||Ross Island|
|Samudrika Marine Museum||Barren Island Volcano|
|Chidiya Tapu||Mud Volcano|
|Red Skin Island||Parrot Island|
|North Bay Island Andaman||Forest Museum|
|Government Saw Mill Chatham||Limestone Caves|
|Andaman Water Sports Complex||Baratang Island|
|Fishery Museum||Sitapur Beach|
|Corbyn's Cove||Indira Point|
|Great Nicobar Island|
Foreign Nationals :
- All foreign nationals can stay in the islands for 30 days. This can be extended by 15 days with permission. They require a permit to stay, which can easily be obtained on arrival at Port Blair (either by air or sea) from the immigration authorities.
- All foreigners need to specify that they intend to visit the Andamans while obtaining the visa to India. Foreigners arriving in Port Blair with a stamp reading “Entry to restricted areas not allowed” (or similar stamps) will not be allowed to enter the Andaman Islands. Do note that there is a line in fine print in all Visas stating that ‘entry to restricted areas not allowed’ and that is to be ignored, only if there is a separate rubber stamp then kindly check with your issuing authorities urgently!
- With a valid India Visa, foreigners can arrive in Port Blair. However a Restricted Area Permit (RAP) is required to enter the Andamans which can be easily obtained on arrival at Port Blair from the immigration authorities. The permit is free of cost.
- In addition, permits can also be obtained from Indian Missions Overseas, Foreigners Registration Offices at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and the Immigration authorities at the airports at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
- The Restricted Area Permit allows foreign nationals to stay on the islands for 30 days. This can be extended by an additional 15 days at the immigration office in Port Blair. Getting the extension depends on your reason for extension and luck.
Indian Nationals :
- Indian nationals need no permit to visit Andaman Island.
- However, permits are required to visit Nicobar Islands and other tribal areas which are given on exceptional cases.
- Application on a prescribed form may be addressed to the Deputy Commissioner, Andaman District, Port Blair. As of those places covered by Restricted Area Permit.
|The places covered by this permit|
|FOR NIGHT HALT||FOR DAY HALT|
|South Andaman Island (except Jarwa reserve)||Cinque Island|
|Middle Andaman Island (except Jarwa reserve)||Ross Island|
|Neil Island||Interview Island|
|Havelock Island||Brother Island|
|Long Island||Sister Island|
|Diglipur||Barren Island (can be visited on big vessels only)|
Islands in the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park
Please note that the above can be changed at a short notice by the government and hence request you to contact the Immigration authorities for updated information.
|Do's & Don'ts for visitors|
All cancellations are to be communicated in writing, & will attract a sum of INR 1500.00 minimum. Beside the forfeiture of the deposit amount, a further charge will be levied if notice of cancellation is received within 15 days prior to the operation of the booked tour as per the following.
|When Cancellation is Made||Charges|
|30 Days more prior of the booked tour||Cancellation Charges Nil|
|30-21 Days prior of the booked tour||20% of total tour Price|
|20-15 Days prior of the booked tour||50% of total tour Price|
|14-07 Days prior of the booked tour||75% of total tour Price|
|06-0 Days Prior of the booked tour||100% of total tour Price|
All cancellation charges will be furthermost subject to the consideration of those engaged in arranging the itinerary.
We will use all our powers to erase the cancellation charges and negotiate for the lowest possible charges.
Information to be noted
1. For Extra adult in the room we will provide an extra bed (wherever possible), but some hotels only provide a roll out bed and have no provision of an extra bed.
2. Operator reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising any services.
3. The vehicle used is AC/NAC and is available for point to point services only and is not at disposal. Clients are requested to follow the timings in the program.
4. In case any services are miss due to delay in departure, the operator will not be responsible for any refunds.
5. Child sharing parents room will not be provided an extra bed.
Carry Original Photo ID Proof during the Travel time
1. All prevailing State and Government taxes applicable on accommodation and transport. In case of any hike in the taxes a surcharge will be applicable
2. Suggested hotels are subject to availability at the time of booking. In case the same is not available, then the best similar category will be provided]
3. The tour cost is not refundable at any cause, once tour starts
4. The tour guide reserves the rights to make changes/detour or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band and security reason.Tourist will carry their luggage at own risk and responsibility; East Wind Holiday Tours Pvt. Ltd does not hold any responsibility for any loss of luggage during the tour.
Supplement Meal Cost:
||Rs.650/- Per Meal (Lunch/dinner)|
|Luxury(4*)||Rs.550/- Per Meal (Lunch/dinner)|
|Superior(3*)||Rs.400/- Per Meal (Lunch/dinner)|
|Deluxe(2*)||Rs.300/- Per Meal (Lunch/dinner)|
|Standard||Rs.250/- Per Meal (Lunch/dinner)|
Supplement Cost for Different Island Visit by Dinghie/ Speed Boat: (Cost subject to change)
|Mount Harriet & Chidiya Tapu||@Rs. 2600/- NAC Vehicle|
|Elephant island Visit from Havelock||@Rs. 3500/- both way Per Dinghie/Boat (06 pax Maximum)|
|Lime Stone Cave from Baratang||@Rs. 2500/- both way Per Dinghie/Boat (06 pax Maximum)|
|Ross & Smith Island from Diglipur||@Rs. 3000/- both way per Dinghie (06 pax Maximum)|
SUPPLEMENT COST FOR MAKRUZZ Instead of GOV’T BOAT : RS.800/- PER PAX BOTH WAY FROM PORT BLAIR TO HAVELOCK & BACK
|01-03 Pax (Including child)
AC Sumo Victa/Xylo (Port Blair). NAC Sumo (Havelock & Neil Island).
Supplement Cost for Night Halt at Kolkata-Rooms with Dinner & transfer by AC Vehicle (Per PAX In INR)
(Cost subject to change)
Min. 02 Pax.
Min. 04 Pax.
Min. 06 Pax.
Adult/Child Extra Bed
BLUE MERIDIAN/COMFORT INN